Wednesday, January 30, 2013

DR Oz dinner



This is my Yay me super healthy dinner. 

We eat this about twice a week... sometimes three if I make it for lunch.

Well.... by WE I mean ME..... cause Soldier man will not ingest a fish that has not been egged.. rolled in bread.. and fried.

So I.. eat  this a couple nights a week and it is super easy SUPER healthy and cancels any cheeseburger or burrito I MAY or may not have eaten in that week!!:)

I call it Dr OZ dinner because it uses a whole bunch of the  foods and spices that DR OZ is always going on about:) Almost because there are no chia seeds...although I guess you could throw some on top!!

Anyway...

You Need..

The Meat:
2 Wild Salmon Fillets. I like wild salmon cause it is more like meat..you can use whatever kind you like

The Marinade:

1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup lemon juice 
2 T chopped fresh ginger
2 T chopped fresh garlic
1 T dill
1/2 T tumeric
1/2 T black pepper
1/2 t red pepper
1/2 t sea salt


The sides
4 cups fresh spinach
3 T chopped garlic
1/4 onion chopped very fine
1 T chopped almonds(or walnuts or pine nuts or whatever:))
1/2 t olive oil

1/2 Avocado

1/2 cups cherry tomatos


Sooo..place the salmon in a big ziplock..combine the marinade ingriedients..wisk. and addd to bag.Marinate for 2-4 hours or overnight if you have the time.

Place the salmon in a baking dish cover with lid or foil and bake for 12 minutes (until it flakes easily with a fork)

While the fish is baking... sautee the garlic and onion in the olive oil.Add the nuts.Add the spinach and cook until just wilted.Stir it around to coat.

The avocado needs nothing but slicing:) Ditto on the tomatoes

And that is IT. Healthy...  low carb... low cal... full of vitamins and minerals and stuff:)Full of foods that help and heal! And enough tatse and quality to make you wonder why you  would WANT to even bother with a lean cuisine:)

When I say my aim is 80/20..this is a staple of my 80%:) 

We are trying  to make weeknight meals like this so that the splurges and indulgences(the 20%) balance out:) 

 And the further we go on this journey the LESS complicated it gets!! It is really NOT that hard to eat well!! Especially if you use your crock pot..prep ahead... or cook a few meals at a time to freeze. 

A very wise  Ms Shelli Adams , who has given me many really good food ideas...once told me that having food READY at home helped her to NOT stop for junk!! And she is right!!

If you know there is something good waiting for you you MIGHT forgo the Chick fil A: D!!!

Soooo get cooking.... and Happy Eating!!

(P.S,,I use this marinade for chicken as well!!)

(PPS.And I have no pic:)Cause I was hungry and I ate the dinner before I took a pic of it!!!)











No comments:

Post a Comment